Introduction to Drilling Operations
Duration: 1 day
About this course
This one-day program will provide delegates with a good understanding of how a well is drilled and information regarding the different equipment and techniques. After understanding the origins of oil and gas and basic well design, delegates will learn about drilling fluids, drill bits, directional drilling, casing & cementing, wellhead and BOP’s. Optional topics e.g. HTHP can be requested by delegates. A demonstration on our full-sized rigfloor simulator is included in the program.
Course fee is EUR 525 (excl. VAT).
Designed for those who wish to increase their awareness of drilling operations from design considerations through to abandonment methods:
- Office based staff in oil and gas operating companies
- Support staff with drilling service companies
- Logistical personnel supporting the oil and gas industry
- Field personnel in non-critical positions
- Geothermal project support personnel
- Authorities and associations with links to drilling operations
- Insurers and investors with an interest in oil, gas or geothermal assets
- Anyone interested in learning about drilling operations
On completing this course delegates will receive a certificate from Well Academy.